The planning process
What happens when you contact us for an enquiry about our service:
Lets say you require a single storey extension for a dining room/kitchen area...
- First, we will make a free appointment with you at the site (this applies to the North Devon area, further afield we do have to make a call-out fee, which covers the cost of fuel). During this initial appointment, we listen to your thoughts and requirements and look at the feasibility of the project in relationship to the existing build.
- We will then send you a letter stating all the relevant procedures that are available to you and also a detailed list of our costs.
- If this is acceptable to you, we then come and take all the relevant measurements required to enable us to design and draw up plans for your approval.
- Once you have approved your plans and acting as your agent, we can then submit them in the form of the Formal Planning Application, along with all the necessary documents to gain a Council decision. As we always state, Planning is never a foregone conclusion, but as your agent and designer, your project will be put forward to your best advantage.
- At this stage we can also produce for you Artistic Impressions of the overall project, in colour, situated on its site with exterior and interior views if required (see Artistic Impression Page).
- As the Planning Process proceeds, which normally takes approximately 8 to 10 weeks from the validation of your application, we as your agents, will be able to answer on your behalf any queries or questions that may arise from the Planning and other relevant departments.
Contact Our Design Team
Charlie SaundersThe Studio, Whitegates, Arlington
Barnstaple, Devon EX31 4LW
tel: 01271 850507 / mob: 07890 387265
Caves to Castles Ltd Architectural Designer Devon, South West